Find the download option for 1stgrade phonics worksheets at the bottom of this article.
Before you download, the beginning consonants worksheets, let’s have a small discussion about phonics and beginning consonants.
click here for more 1st grade phonics worksheets and kindergarten worksheets for kids
So, you’re a parent or a teacher and you’re looking to help your little one learn to read and write. Well, we’ve got some good news for you: phonics is here to save the day!
But what exactly is phonics, you ask? Simply put, it’s the relationship between sounds and letters. It’s the foundation for reading and writing, and it’s the key to unlocking the English language for your child.
Now, we know that phonics can seem like a big, intimidating word, but trust us, it’s not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, it can be a lot of fun! Here’s a quick rundown on what phonics is all about:
- Sounds: Phonics focuses on the sounds that make up words. For example, the word “cat” has three sounds: /c/ /a/ /t/.
- Letters: Once your child has mastered the sounds, they’ll start to
- learn which letters make those sounds. For example, the letter “c” makes the /c/ sound in the word “cat.”
- Blending: This is where the magic happens! Once your child knows the sounds and letters, they’ll start to blend them together to make words. For example, when they blend the /c/ /a/ /t/ sounds, they get the word “cat.”
Table of Contents
- Have a look at more 1st grade phonics worksheets & Beginning consonants
- Follow us on pintrest to get daily worksheets and activities for kids
- Download the 1st grade phonics worksheets -Beginning consonants under here
- Feel free to share your thoughts on these worksheets in the comment section
- Hang on!! Here are more latest worksheets for you
- Spring Worksheets For Preschool -Color And Count
- Spring Activity Sheets -Dot To Dot Activity
- Valentine Additions Worksheets For Kindergarten
- Valentine’s Worksheets for preschool – Uppercase Letter tracing worksheets
- Valentine’s Day Worksheets For Preschool – Lowercase Letter Tracing Worksheets
- Christmas Counting Worksheets For Preschool
- Alphabet Tracing And Coloring Worksheets – Free 26 page Bundle
- Types of sentences worksheets for grade 3-Free PDF
- 1st grade Phonics Worksheets-Beginning Consonants
- Valentines day Worksheets For Tracing Numbers -Free printable PDF
Have a look at more 1st grade phonics worksheets & Beginning consonants
Beginning consonants for kindergarten and first grade: These Beginning consonants worksheets are perfect for beginners definitely have a try!!
Consonant blends worksheets: These Consonant blend worksheets are ready to go, so there’s no need for any extra work on your part. Just print and hand them out.
Sh digraph words: A digraph holds two consonants and simply makes one sound like sh, /sh/. (ch, wh, th, ck) etc
A vowel digraph is made of 2 vowels and makes one sound such as “ou.”
Consonant digraph holds 2 consonants makes one sound such as ch/sh/th…
CH consonant digraphs; Phonics involves learning the sounds of English letters and blending them together to pronounce and read English words. ‘Ch’ sounds come under consonant blends, commonly known as a digraph.
Follow us on pintrest to get daily worksheets and activities for kids
Coming to beginning consonants -So, what exactly are beginning consonants? Simply put, they are the first sounds we make when we start reading and writing words. And trust us, they’re super important!
They help your child understand the basics of the English language and can even affect the way they spell and pronounce words.
Now, you may be wondering how to get your little one started on this journey. That’s where beginning consonants worksheets come in!
These worksheets are a fun and interactive way for your child to practice and master their beginning consonant skills.
There are many different types of beginning consonants worksheets out there, and it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your child.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered here!!
This booklet includes 4 pages where kids will fill in the blank with correct letter and complete the word with the help of picture.
Download the 1st grade phonics worksheets -Beginning consonants under here
Have a look at the preview of worksheets under here
Download 1st grade phonics worksheets Beginning consonants PDF right here
Thats all for today!! Hope you like these worksheets!! Happy learning!